|Jared Polis | AP photo|
- Republicans have lost a 160,000-voter registration advantage in 2000 and are now behind Democrats by 19,000.
- FOX News reports nationally Democrats’ enthusiasm to vote in November is 9 points higher than Republicans (51% to 42%). The generic ballot is 8 points in the Democrats’ favor.
- President Trump has a net 13 points negative approval (42% to 55%) in Colorado, a 17-point drop since January 2017. Voting for and against Trump is a major factor in midterm election voting.
- The most recent primary election had Democrats turning out 54,000 more voters and receiving 65,000 more unaffiliated voter participants (total 119,000 more Democratic voters).
- Finally, a Democratic Party sponsored poll by PPP (reputable robo polling firm) reported Polis with a 7-point lead over Walker Stapleton (47% to 40%). Too early to define the race, but another data point is the Democrats’ starting advantage.