It was a busy weekend dealing with an issue that has now taken over the administration’s media coverage.
- Trump – He really likes the White House phone system
- Priebus – Fighting to hold down the chaos and keep his spot at the desk
- Pence – In charge of explaining Trump and holding the Hill in line. As a talk show host described himself as “Rush Limbaugh on decaf.”
- Bannon – Plotting strategy, disrupting the established order and attracting media coverage, much of it hostile. Recommends the press should “Keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while.”
- Spicer – Takes a beating, but has very tough job as Trump’s spokesperson. His repeated defense of Trump’s claim 3 to 5 million illegal votes were cast for my opponent: “It’s a belief he maintains.”
- Flynn – Intel expert who speaks with clenched teeth: “We are officially putting Iran on notice”