Three of the four waiting approval change the tax structure. Two are reductions and one (medical leave) is an increase. Casinos will most likely be left to self-regulate with one.
Ballot Issues With a Comment
Citizen Initiatives Approved
- Repeal national popular vote law. A lot of grass root support for repeal, but Democratic tide? Partisan Advantage
- More gray wolves. Urban vs. rural. Polls say popular, but is it a bad year to hassle ranchers? Cultural War
- Late term abortion prohibition. Get-out-the-vote item for pro and con activists. Polls say popular. Cultural War
- Only U.S. citizens can vote. Cultural War
- Repeal Gallagher Amendment. Major tax shift for businesses and smaller local government districts. Increase Tax Revenue
- Raise cigarette and vaping products taxes. More Sin Taxes
- Rules on charitable gaming.
- Lower state income tax of 4.63% to 4.55%. Major Tax Reduction
- Vote on “fees” that raise big revenue. Major Tax Limitation
- State-run medical leave. Major Business Tax Increase
- Casino cities (and their industries) able to set betting limits. Gaming in three cities becomes wide open.