Friday, January 31, 2020

Sanders Surging. Now Leading in California. Will Sanders Win Colorado?

Sen. Bernie Sanders speaks at a campaign event in
 Storm Lake, Iowa, Jan. 26, 2020 | John Locher/AP
Bernie Sanders won the Colorado caucus in 2016 when 120,000 Democrats turned out and propelled him over the establishment candidate, Hillary Clinton. Although there are no recent polls, Colorado Democrats have been following their national peers, and late polls in Iowa, New Hampshire, and just this week, California, have Sanders surging to the lead.

The latest California poll from the state’s premier political and policy pollster, Mark DiCamillo (Berkeley IGS poll), shows Sanders in the lead with 26 percent, up from 24 percent in October. Elizabeth Warren is 20 percent, down from 22 percent, and Joe Biden is holding at 15 percent (14% in November). All other candidates are in single digits (you need 15% to get delegates).

Sanders draws his support from the most liberal Democrats and the youngest age cohort. He has also benefitted from the decline in support for Warren since September when she was the frontrunner with 29 percent support.

Former VP Joe Biden speaks during a campaign event
in Cedar Falls, Iowa, Jan. 27, 2020 | Matt Rourke/AP
There’s really no history to look to for Colorado’s possible Democratic turnout, but I expect it to be record-breaking, like all of our elections since 2016. More than 600,000 voters turned out in the 2018 Democratic gubernatorial primary, including 200,000 unaffiliated voters participating for the first time, with the entire election online. A presidential election, which will likely still be competitive among a top tier of candidates, should draw much interest and participation.

Polls conducted mid last year in Colorado showed the state reflecting the national trends, except more support for liberal, anti-establishment candidates, such as Sanders and Warren. And, unaffiliated voters tend to be younger and more liberal. Depending on how he does in the first four states, I expect Sanders will be formidable again.

1 comment:

Theresa williams said...

Hello, I am Theresa Williams After being in relationship with Anderson for years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem. His email: {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com} you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case.
1) Love Spells
2) Lost Love Spells
3) Divorce Spells
4) Marriage Spells
5) Binding Spells
6) Breakup Spells
7) Death spell
8.) You want to be promoted in your office
9) want to satisfy your lover 
10) Lottery
Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
through {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com}