Probably the most disheartening to Democrats was the Pew poll, one they’ve come to feel was friendlier, which showed Democrats 4 points behind in the generic ballot test. Six months ago, they were ahead by 6 points. Pew is to the Democrats what the Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll is to Republicans – more credible. It’s not justified. Both polls follow careful methodologies, analyses and reporting practices, but everyone has a trusted favorite.
Political headlines on May 5 Polls:
- Midterm election indicators daunting for Democrats, Pew, 5-5-14
- Poll: For the midterm, a tilt to the GOP, USA Today, 5-5-14
- Poll: Generic ballot favors GOP in midterm, Real Clear Politics, 5-5-14
- President Obama isn’t the Democratic George W. Bush – Yet, Washington Post, 5-5-14
- Republicans have 82 percent chance of winning back Senate, Washington Post, 5-5-14