“Can a self-described extreme moderate win the nomination in an increasingly progressive Democratic Party? I’ll talk to former Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper.”KOA’s ongoing coverage of Hickenlooper and his presidential campaign was moderated by Marty Lenz. We reviewed the NBC interview and where he stands today in the race.
- It was a long interview. Hickenlooper got about 15 percent of the show and four questions.
- Although his responses were better than several recent interviews, he still struggles with just answering the questions.
- What would you do today about the border? Need immigration and comprehensive reform.
- Are you an extreme moderate? Doesn’t like labels.
- Any limits on abortion? Talk about Colorado’s anti-pregnancy plan for teenagers.
Meet the Press – March 31, 2019
Witness his “passionate capitalism” escapism on Morning Joe.
Hickenlooper hasn’t moved up in the queue. In fact, his move up is probably more difficult today due to the entering of Beto O’Rourke (huge crowds and funding), Pete Buttigieg ($7 million in contributions) and increased campaigning by Amy Klobuchar, who compete for moderate Democrats.
Hickenlooper remains a serious, but still very longshot candidate.