Those same pre-election polls showed that most voters are not in favor of leaving the EU or the euro,
|Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras|
Tsipras ran a very brief and smart campaign using basic populist themes with anti-establishment and nationalist slogans. He also affectively rallied the left.
- Our national humiliation will be over soon.
- History is knocking at our door.
- The time of the left has come.
- Our common future in Europe is not the future of austerity, it is future of democracy, solidarity and cooperation.
- Hope is coming. The opposition are merchants of fear.
- The vicious cycle of austerity is over.
The Guardian: Tsipras declares end to 'vicious cycle of austerity' after Syriza wins Greek election – as it happened
Reuters: Greek leftist leader Tsipras scores victory over austerity
HuffPost Exclusive: Greece Pre-Election Poll
The Guardian: Syriza stretches poll lead as Greek election campaign ends
The Economist: The euro’s next crisis