Thoughts on Obama’s Administration
Failure to Participate
- The “War on Terror” is over. Obama’s political and National Security teams play down Islamic terrorism (change label, end wars, move on)
- Charlie Hebdo has bad judgment. Don’t offend religions (especially Islam)
- Lead from behind. We have less power and are not liked. New environment requires stealth.
- We are not exceptional nation and not the leader of “free world.”
- Obama and White House advocate diplomacy, but are not good at it or its “optics.” August beheading and golf.
- “Wars on Terrorism” are top down and have failed. Best to use bottom up approach; i.e., social work, education, mental health, etc. Hold a summit on extremism and talk about what works and not works (Feb. 18, 2015).
Mollie Hemingway offered a good review of many of the administration’s views and columnists’ reactions to the Paris behavior.